Saturday, September 28, 2013

Stories From Job Applications

"[COMPANY NAME REDACTED] is a Washington, D.C.–based strategic communications firm, helps visionary leaders and organizations achieve ambitious goals that benefit people and the planet."

I saw this in a job listing for an editor, and I thought: Yep. An editor is exactly what you need. Have I ever told anyone about the one job that I applied for that, when they asked for writing samples, in addition to some I had, I also sent a re-worked copy of their job posting with tracked changes fixing all of their typos, mistakes and rhetorical flourishes, effectively cutting their three-page posting to a concise, one-page?

Spoiler: They did not call me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you commenting? Thank you! Please be nice; I'm lazy and would hate to actually have to moderate things.