Thursday, April 18, 2013

Random People, Random Places: Kids at Dinner

I was out at dinner one night when I didn't feel like cooking. That is a regular night. Anyway, there was a kid with her parents at one of the tables. While I was reading, the dad left the table for something. The kid said:

"Mommy, can I tell you a secret?"

"What is it?"

"I love you best, but don't tell daddy."

I have no idea what the mother thought; but either or, eventually the dad came back. Sometime later, the mom disappeared, and the kid repeated the act.

"Daddy, can I tell you a secret?"

"What is it?"

"I love you best, but don't tell mommy."

It's just interesting the sorts of things you'll overhear while you're out and about on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you commenting? Thank you! Please be nice; I'm lazy and would hate to actually have to moderate things.