Friday, June 22, 2012

Weekly Things Matt Links: June 22

So! It is a new week and time for a new Things Matt Links. While I wait for my Secret World Beta Weekend patch to happen, you can read about The Secret World, either there or here. Rumor has it, there may be some about it here at some point in the future, which is a place you should read any way.

If guns and magic don't tickle your fancy, don't worry. There's a Guild Wars 2 stress test coming up too. You should also read my discussion on their discussion of metrics for gaming.

You're going to be sad when you read this. I am.

Here is something that I will desperately plead with not to suck, yet it will.

Here is something I will not even pretend won't suck.

The Worlds of Ultima games are now free via Good Old Games. So, go get them. For free.

Some cards I missed for Mice and Mystics.

And, two links for your weekly "Aww-dorable."

As part of our occasional Free Speech Sidebars, here are some Supreme Court cases. Because I am a giant nerd. Some interesting wins on free speech, of most particular notice is Knox, which allows workers not to be forced into joining a union to gain employment. FCC v. Fox is a narrow decision that doesn't really touch on free speech, in the long standing tradition of the Supreme Court trying to find narrow decisions where they can avoid broader ones. Lots more at the link. Don't worry, you haven't missed the Affordable Care Act decision. It looms however.

I never realized how bad my eye sight was before I started wearing glasses. So, I can now see what I was missing.

----

P.S.,

It is still looming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you commenting? Thank you! Please be nice; I'm lazy and would hate to actually have to moderate things.